Eclair Icebox Cake
I have a bit of a problem with this stuff. All self control goes straight out the window. Its crazy how good this stuff is for how little effort it takes to make. I know this recipe exists outside of my Grandma’s recipe box but she got me hooked on it and gave me the recipe, which I have altered only slightly over the years.
3 small boxes instant vanilla pudding mix (I used sugar-free)
*with 2/3 directed amount of dairy milk
1 large tub cool-whip (I used light)
~1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
~1.5 cups milk (I used coconut milk)
1 full box (3 sleeves) graham crackers
- Mix 3 boxes pudding mix with *4-4.5 cups dairy milk until smooth, refrigerate until fully set.
- About 1 cup at a time, add cool-whip to the set pudding, mixing until completely homogeneous.
- In a 9 x 13 pan spread a thin layer of pudding mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan, then tile a layer of graham crackers on top (it’s okay to break pieces to fill in gaps, doesn’t need to be perfect!)
- Repeat step 3 2-3 more times (making the pudding layers more generous than the initial layer) or until the pan is nearly full. *You will likely have leftover pudding mixture, I like to think this is by design because even this mixture alone is heaven.
- Place chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl. Heat milk or cream of choice until simmering. Pour milk over chocolate chips and wait ~90 seconds before stirring together until smooth. Refrigerate this ganache mixture and the layered grahams/pudding in their current vessels for at least 30 min.
- Give the ganache a stir and then spread evenly over the eclair cake. Refrigerate AT LEAST 8 hours. For me 48 hours is the sweet spot.
- Try to stop eating this cake. Sensible portions of this do not exist.